Two for the Road is a hangout for mystery writers Tammy Kaehler and Simon Wood to chat, reminisce, gossip, speculate and argue about all things motorsport.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Bad Behavior

by Tammy

I complain about Kyle Busch a lot. I haven't said much about his brother, Kurt (KuBu for Kurt Busch). But he's got his own issues, namely, anger management and an inability to bite his tongue.

Last September, he charged a reporter, as if to fight him (because the reporter asked if he could win the championship). At the last race of the season, he raged against a reporter trying to ask him about being forced out of a race (which seems like what reporters are supposed to do, right?). For the latter, NASCAR fined KuBu and put him on probation. And KuBu lost his job at Penske Racing, though I'm not sure anyone has ever said his temper was the cause (though it has to be).

So this year, KuBu is with Phoenix Racing (no, I hadn't heard of them either), and many comments were made about him trying to repair his image.

Then on Saturday, another reporter asked if some bumps with another driver were a problem because KuBu was recently put on probation (again) for poor behavior with another driver at another race, he responded, "It [the probation] refrains me from beating the s&*% out of you right now, because you ask me stupid questions."  (Here's the video, if you're curious.)

What's generated the most hilarity, of course, is the fact that in the same interview, KuBu said, "I'm on probation, so I can't even pick my nose the right way." The twitterverse has had a field day with that one.

Apparently, NASCAR is considering further action against KuBu when they have a Tuesday hand-out-penalties meeting.

So here's my question: how is it that he's still racing? I get it, he's good, he's got experience. But there are so many good racers out there begging for a chance ... surely there's one who's 95% as good as Kurt Busch and 300% more personable. Wouldn't that make more sense for a team?



No comments:

Post a Comment