Two for the Road is a hangout for mystery writers Tammy Kaehler and Simon Wood to chat, reminisce, gossip, speculate and argue about all things motorsport.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Formula Ford, A Love Story

By Simon

I’m very excited. Formula Ford is going through a change this year. Formula Ford was introduced in 1967 and was designed a breeding ground for drivers entering the sport. It’s open formula which means manufacturers can interpret the specifications as they want, although the engines are the same (within reason). This year, the cars are getting a new engine and the chassis specification has been given new rules.

Formula Ford is what I raced when I was a wee one and it’s a formula I have a lot of love for. The reason why is that the cars were real racing cars, both complex and
simple. They came with real racing gearboxes, tires, layout and engine—and it was adjustable. I could change ride heights, gear ratios, suspension geometry. You name it, I could do it. It’s a reason I like single seaters. I understand their sheer elegance.

Anyway, here’s a short video of what to expect this year. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment