Two for the Road is a hangout for mystery writers Tammy Kaehler and Simon Wood to chat, reminisce, gossip, speculate and argue about all things motorsport.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Team Kate Goes National

by Tammy

I posted last week about giving my fictional racecar driver protagonist, Kate Reilly, her own fan club (read it). What started out as a fun thing for me and a few friends to do at the Long Beach race is starting to spread--apparently, because other people think it's a fun thing to do also.

First, there's @KelseyUSA, social media guru, who tweeted the photo below of her dressed up in Kate's gear for a day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway yesterday.

Then there were my friends up at the ALMS race at Laguna Seca (which I couldn't attend, because of another event that conflicted). Michael (@Mfriedman_63) even showed off the shirt to my friends at Corvette Racing.

I'm still awed and grateful (and a little in shock) about this. To think that people are wandering around a prep day for the Indy 500 and an ALMS race (neither of which I'm attending!) wearing team shirts for my fictional racecar driver just blows my mind. I can't thank everyone who's gotten behind Team Kate enough, from founding fans Barb and Mary, to Kelsey and Michael and Kevin, to Shea and the #SteelOvaryNation, and to real-life sponsor Pressdog.

If you'd like to join us in the silliness and fun, just sign up for my newsletter via my Web site (Join Team Kate) and follow Kate on Twitter. We'll have some exciting news coming soon (hint: working on a new real-life sponsor!), contests with some pretty awesome giveaways. I hope you'll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment