Two for the Road is a hangout for mystery writers Tammy Kaehler and Simon Wood to chat, reminisce, gossip, speculate and argue about all things motorsport.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Winter Blues

by Tammy

It's happened again, hasn't it? The days are growing shorter, the temperatures are falling ... and we're nearly out of racing for the year.

Dammit!

Grand-Am is over. The ALMS is down to one race of the year and of its life. NASCAR has only six races left, and F1 has only five. Sure, we've still got some good competition left (except for F1—ouch!), but I can smell it, can't you?

The dark weekend days of winter with nary a car race to be had. *sniff* That must mean it's time for Christmas shopping and plotting our fantasy race teams for 2014, right?

Here's what I want to know:

  1. How are you going to make the most of the last few races of 2013? Viewing parties? Getting to any races?
    Me? I'm headed out to Petit Le Mans in a week and a half.
  2. Who do you think will take a championship? (Any of them, pick one.)
    I'm tired of Vettel, who will undoubtedly win F1 again. And I'm thinking Corvette will take the last ALMS GT title (hooray!). NASCAR? I still think old five-time could make it a six-pack (that's Jimmie Johnson). 
  3. What will you miss about this season?
    Hmm, I'm not sure there is anything. This year's been a little lame-duck in my sportscar racing series, and the anticipation is high for next year.
I didn't even get into all the driver-swapping and silly-season moves ... that'll have to be another blog.



1 comment:

  1. 1. How are you going to make the most of the last few races of 2013? Viewing parties? Getting to any races?
    I am attending the Phoenix Nascar Chase race- PHX is my favorite "West Coast" track...LOVE that place- the racing is awesome there usually.
    2.Who do you think will take a championship? (Any of them, pick one.)
    Vettel has the F1 championship in the bag I am thinking. IndyCar? Am hoping Scott Dixon call pull it off. NASCAR? I think it's down to Kenseth and Johnson...and to be honest- I am hoping Johnson pulls it off because I have a bet with a friend (no money- just humiliation at stake).
    3. What will you miss about this season?
    Besides RACING not much- it has been a horrible season for accidents/injuries and I am READY for 2014 (and a hopefully healed up Tony Stewart)!

    ReplyDelete